Malang Trip: Part 1


Fly with Merpati Nusantara

Here I'm back right after my last short trip to Solo, a call for another visit has just sounded. Well, I'll be going to Malang within a couple second and staying there for merely 6 days. Actually this plan has just been whispered almost a month ago before I join my university program, IGTF. Time has flawn away and I gotta go to Malang soon. The reason of my visit is to meet my older sister who I miss and never met after her marriage (worsely didn't attend her wedding for my tight college schedule).

I booked a surprising airlines fare just before my community program departure, it's so exciting. I never imagined before Merpati Nusantara Airlines would be amongst my list. Since other airlines offer (for me) high-fare, Merpati comes like angel to seduce me with merely a half that of other Indonesia airlines's fare for certain the due date I plan. So, I immediately push down my finger for online booking, subsequently printing out the itinerary.

This morning I depart from my small rent house (student hostel) to DAMRI pool bus next to Botani Square, Bogor. Fortunately my fellow kindly picks me up with his motorcycle at the still chilling morning so I don't need to go with public transportation. And guess it! I'm very thankful since today is so crowded, the road filled up with hectic vehicles around. That's what we (Indonesian) shout it "macet gila!" (crazy traffic jam). Is it a deal? Yes, for those who drive car this morning the realm is so annoying.

I depart by bus at 8 am to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. A little traffic occurs during upon departing to airport particularly at (I forget) km point of highway. Sounds weird, perhaps there might be in Jakarta you can find annoying traffic jam over the long-highway or free-traffic-way. It has been turning common circumstance day by day. Here is the right place to practice patience excercise, I guess.

An hour and half I spend off the nothing-to-do time in the bus but reading my dowdily National Geographic Magazine. Finally here at Terminal 2F I stop by where Merpati Airlines settle to operate. Terminal 2 actually is purposed for any international flight (along with T3), nonetheless the State Enterprise's airlines both Garuda Indonesia and Merpati have permission to operate its flight for both domestic and international destination.Some corners inside are being revitalized or perhaps extended to increase passenger load as it aims to be better hub facing ASEAN Open Sky 2015, the whole being-done projects are all covered with secured tend revealing the new look (I hope it's better appearance along with increment of service quality).

I come into security check point then approaching check-in desk. I put my 5 kg backpack to be loaded into baggage. Paying IDR 40,000 as usual for airport tax. I wonder someday they shall withdraw airport tax rule so I can make more convenient trip, I do wonder. It still remains 2 and half hour before ETD. Seems it's too early but whatever, I prefer to be available earlier than left due to stupid late. Late? Here is common, still I have to admit some Indonesian still preserve culture of unrespectful toward what so called "on-tine". I guess we could utilize waiting time by reading free newspaper or magazine or just fooling around duty-free shop while the aircraft is being prepared instead of running hurry to catch the flight. Announcement for those who are still in waiting list is always be voiced every single minutes here. They really give the airport announcer a real job both in English or Indonesian or other additional language for international flight (Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Arabic),

Merpati Boarding Pass Flight MZ336


Yup, today flight is averagely nice though Merpati still operate old livery B737-300. Flight MZ336 bound for Juanda International Airport, Surabaya depart as obviously planned at 11.40. However, the boarding ticket displayed 11.10 (30 earlier) purposed to avoid unnecessary delay, or another term I say to warn passenger to be more on-time. Smart idea! Then it flies.This year, I've just realized for sure, is Merpati Nusantara's 50th year. With all the best they attempt to pursue the past glory with improving service after suspended financial animation. It experinced fall and grow, but unfortunately in his holy Golden Year Merpati has to strive more and harder. Luckily it has sister, GIA which succesfully shows fascinating transformation that may inspire them to reach the goal. Thanks for that, Merpati is properly to be appreciated for its broad coverage to fly more people in small/remote area throughout archipelagic country. It boosts the traffic to bridge the nation. 

Garuda bird covers the left side aircraft body

Merpati Nusantara tail symbolizes Dove bird

Almost an hour plus 10 minutes I sit down here inside the aircraft with once toilet drop by. It touches down the paved ashpalt bit after passing through shallow hazy condensed vapor (you may call it thinny cloud). As predicted, Surabaya is too warm (or hot), worsely my arrival time is at the noon. Felt so simmering. Then I call the booked rent-car driver bringing me and other passenger to Malang for two and half hour long. I feel little bit tired so I sleep along the way. And here I arrive!

"Izakod Bekai Izakod Kai" (in Papuan)  means One Heart One Destination

Please select 480p resolution for the best view

[....next]


No Response to "Malang Trip: Part 1"

Post a Comment